Oil Painting Workshop: “A limited palette” with Gin Lammert
Saturday, June 22nd, 9am-1pm
Registration Deadline: June 19, 2019
Description of workshop:
We will explore color combinations using 3 basic primary colors and white. After creating a small color chart together, discussion of how to maintain a value scale in a landscape and still life set up is shared by the instructor. Everyone attending will then create a painting using the primary color palette. We will explore other limited palettes based on using the traditional color wheel and the Munsell color system. Hand out material covering class and references is included.
- 2 -9×12 or 12×12 stretched canvas or panels
- Oil paint colors Cadmium Red medium / Cadmium Yellow Light / Ultramarine Blue / White (prefer Titanium/Zinc white mix)
- Brushes: Prefer hog bristle – #6, 8,12 or bring your favorite oil painting brushes.
- Bounty paper towels or rag
- Gamsol odorless mineral spirits.
- Landscape photo you wish to paint. Instructor will bring photo references as well.
- Optional: Bring portable easel.
15 in stock